Saturday 25 February 2012

Hit And Run

Last night, I was driving back from the top of Table Mountain.  I had invited my guesthouse host and his wife to join me to see the wonderful sunset from one of the 7 Natural Wonders of The World.  This time round, the sun set a lot faster and it became much colder than when I was up here 6 weeks ago.  It is coming towards the end of their Summer.  My hosts left earlier than me so I headed back to Fish Hoek later, arriving around 11pm.  I noticed a man lying dead on the side of the road, covered with a blood splattered white sheet, and further along the road a white plastic bag with his belongs in it.  There were a few police cars around.  I asked one policeman what had happened and he said that it was a hit and run.  The deceased man was 33 years old.  Nothing like this happens in this sleepy little coastal village/town.  The only incidents of people being killed in this place is when they are attacked by Great Whites while swimming. 

1 comment: